1988 Grandpa Special

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grandpa_truck

Reaction score
Good evening, just signed up for the forum after Google searches kept bringing me to this forum, seems to be a wealth of knowledge here, so thanks for having me.
I just picked up an 88 Sierra 350 5.7 in seemingly well cared for condition and 133k on odometer. 1 owner farmer who used this truck to run errands on weekends, interior looks like it was barely sat in. This is the same truck I had in high school so I snatched it up when it came up for sale. Paid 6k for it and thinks that was a fair deal. Anyway, thanks for having me and hope I can get some questions answered on this new to me truck.

Attachments

• DC7AF489-D63E-4FA8-A890-8D9571817F39.jpeg
    DC7AF489-D63E-4FA8-A890-8D9571817F39.jpeg
    417.2 KB · Views: 18

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Good evening, just signed up for the forum after Google searches kept bringing me to this forum, seems to be a wealth of knowledge here, so thanks for having me.
I just picked up an 88 Sierra 350 5.7 in seemingly well cared for condition and 133k on odometer. 1 owner farmer who used this truck to run errands on weekends, interior looks like it was barely sat in. This is the same truck I had in high school so I snatched it up when it came up for sale. Paid 6k for it and thinks that was a fair deal. Anyway, thanks for having me and hope I can get some questions answered on this new to me truck.
Welcome from Alberta Canada.
That's a sweet truck!
Any big plans for it?

Grandpa_truck

Reaction score
Welcome from Alberta Canada.
That's a sweet truck!
Any big plans for it?
Thank you, and yes I have some plans for it but nothing too major…. (At least that’s what I’m trying to fool myself into thinking)
I plan to lift it slightly just because I like sitting up higher, clean up the engine bay, some bullet hole wheels, and some good ole KC lights. But I’m a bit power hungry so I’m sure it’ll be short time before I start hot rodding it

Grandpa_truck

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Colorado. Your Grandpa truck looks a lot like my Grandpa truck. :)
You must be registered for see images attach
Nice truck! Looks very close to mine. Would you happen to have this valve thing in your truck too? I have no idea what it is and it’s driving me mad!

Attachments

• IMG_3863.jpeg
    IMG_3863.jpeg
    242.4 KB · Views: 8