Best Mods you can think of i need suggestions 1993 gmc TBI 350

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jz02169

Reaction score
what i have already is magnaflow muffler, 20" Chrome 8 spoke eagle alloy rims, chome grille with headlights and turn signals, fliped lid in the summer, alpine deck with four 4X6 speakers.

i am open to any suggestions and if i was to paint my truck it would be done with rust paint

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
post pics! then we go from there... :lol:

96+ mirrors for sure!
debadge and smoothie bumper would look SWEET on that truck (advantage of one tones)
Black Bear tune up
Headers and all that other under-the-hood jazz

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
post pics! then we go from there... :lol:

96+ mirrors for sure!
debadge and smoothie bumper would look SWEET on that truck (advantage of one tones)
Black Bear tune up
Headers and all that other under-the-hood jazz

A tune on a stock TBI engine is usless. If you go crazy with mods, then a tune would be the best thing in the world, but with a stock engine, you're not gonna gain anything.

OP, start small. I did an injector spacer, removed the ribbed air cleaner tubing, cleaned and rebuilt the TBI, 3" exhaust piping, cat delete, and she runs like crazy. In terms of outside mods, you can do a full LED conversion. It can get a bit expensive (I'm in it like $150) but very worth it. LEDs are alot cooler looking, you can choose the colors, and if you buy the right kind of bulbs, VERY bright. New headlight, taillight, and parking light housings can change the entire look of your truck. Maybe even an LED bar under the tailgate (if you're into that kind of thing).

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
You can get stainless steel headers pretty cheap off ebay. A few guys on here have had good luck with them.

Vortec heads are a good upgrade, but you have to get the TBI to Vortec intake manifold made by GM Performance. Either that, or get a Vortec intake for a carburetor, and get a tbi adapter plate.

Your molding looks good from the picture, but if it looks bad in person, you could pull that off along with the fender chrome strips and get a smooth chrome front bumper off ebay too. I had one, it fit ok and looked decent. Not show quality, but I don't think that's what you're going for either.

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
Forgot to mention headers. Brian is right, they are very cheap on eBay. If you get the right ones, they should bolt right up to your stock Y-pipe.

Charles, its understandable. I've had people tell me to crank my T-bars to level, even though I have a 2wd :lol:

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
Forgot to mention headers. Brian is right, they are very cheap on eBay. If you get the right ones, they should bolt right up to your stock Y-pipe.

Charles, its understandable. I've had people tell me to crank my T-bars to level, even though I have a 2wd :lol:

I should have known better is the thing- I told him to stick on 96+ mirrors!! :lol:

GMstrong

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
on a stock tbi with a good tuned chip you should gain an easy 10hp,I say longtubes,do the thorttle body mods,a good flowing catback,and a good tune.Should be pretty stout.