Should I keep my truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MXR597

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I've got a decision to make, I'm thinking about just selling off my truck and buying a car to run around in. I rear ended another 400 on Saturday and it got me thinking about if it was worth it to keep pouring money into this truck if it isn't gonna live much longer. So I will list the info on the truck and maybe get some input on how much longer it will last.

1993 GMC 1500 Extended Cab SLE Z71 White with gray interior.
5.0L engine with 213,000 miles on it (Was rebuilt at around 100,000 miles)
4L60E Rebuilt around 40,000 miles ago
Sitting on BFG All Terrains with 5,000 miles on them

Engine: New power steering gearbox, driveshaft U joints, pitman/idler arms, open element air cleaner, new battery, new spark plug wires, new muffler and tip. 4 hi light mod. New EGR, Solenoid, TPS, bunch of little fixes

Exterior: Bed rails, Nerf Bars, Mudflaps, Clear Corner lights, Toolbox with custom flag holders. Window visors and hood deflector.

Interior: All realtree seat covers, steering wheel cover, floor mats. Sony MEX-N5000BT head unit with sony xplod 4x6 speakers in the front, xplod 4' speakers custom built into the center console, and dual Rockford Fosgate 6.75' speakers in boxes with amp behind the rear seat. Comp/Temp Mirror, 3 Gauge pillar pod, and a remote start system. Interior is in literally perfect condition, to rips or tears in anything, the dash is cracked but covered by carpet now.

It needs: Valve Cover gaskets, a thermostat, someone to remove the seized o2 sensor, spark plugs, body mounts, and now a new bumper and grille. Also new paint, the clear coat is peeling.

I want: NBS Emblems, Tow mirrors, wheel spacers, Tint, TBI Spacer, A better air cleaner, Kodiak door handles

Pictures:
You must be registered for see images attach

After the accident :(

(Hit my upload limit will put more up later)

The truck runs pretty good but stumbles sometimes when its not warmed up. I love it but it does only get like 9 to 11 MPG for some reason. After everything I both want and need to do it would cost around $1,000... So what do you guys think keep her and spend more or move on? Thanks!

Attachments

• 20141130_091803.jpg
    20141130_091803.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 18

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yes keep your truck. If you don't, you'll regret that you didn't not too long after having sold it.

GMC1994K1500SierraSL

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Keep it, doesn't look like too much damage, it's a beautiful truck, I've owned and sold 2 gmt400s sad to see both go, on the hunt for the 3rd haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
keep it! Damage doesn't look bad at all honestly.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Keep it pull the camp stuff and leave the damage and drive it

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks like just a bumper, replace it and keep on drivin! You will regret it if you sell.

MXR597

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for the motivation guys, I've been thinking about it a lot lately and I will probably try my best to keep the truck. I'm looking at getting one of those bumpers that doesn't have the impact strip on it, i'm thinking that will look cleaner when I take all the trim off the sides

RyanMerrick

8 Lug
Reaction score
I ran into a similar issue with my Mustang: it was no longer reliable, and didn't get great gas mileage so I needed a new daily driver. I could have sold the Mustang for a few grand, but for that little money what would be the point? I bought another vehicle for a reliable daily driver (my truck) and now the Mustang is a fun weekend car/project.

Once the truck starts frustrating you with repairs, pick up a new daily driver and keep the truck for fun. You'll regret selling it later if you do.

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
I agree, keep it! It looks like it is still in decent shape and can be repaired fairly easily. Yeah the stuck O2 sensor is something that you might have to take to a shop, but the rest should be easily done at home.

beardeddummy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I wish I still had most of the vehicles I've owned and my first gmt400 will be the truck they bury me in if I can help it. If it has 8 million miles and I can fix it I will. That truck is damn nice and no offense but only a fool would sell it. If you do sell it in 5 years you will look back and say the same thing I said. You effin dumbass!:Stupid Me::Stupid Me:

Not trying to offend you but when people say if I could go back in time and slap myself I wouldn't I'd be whooping myself with a bat