Best Brakes?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joe Fierro

Reaction score
Hey y’all. I want your opinions on the best breaks to put on my 98 k1500. I live near the blue ridge mountains in Virginia so needless to say I’m almost never on flat ground. Your 2 cents is greatly appreciated.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I don't live in a hilly area, but I'd say replace/repair often is more important than brand. Keep pins greased and rubber bushings in the calipers in good shape so they slide reliably.

94burbk1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't live in a hilly area, but I'd say replace/repair often is more important than brand. Keep pins greased and rubber bushings in the calipers in good shape so they slide reliably.
X2 on proper grease! I can't tell you how many times I've fixed brakes for friends that did their own, didn't grease the pins, then complained a couple of months later that their brakes were squealing already.

TheAutumnWind

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

bjett

Reaction score
Hawk LTS pads with Hawk sector 27 brakes if you are looking at keeping the stock braking setup. I drove up/down the Cajon Pass in california to and from work daily for years with that setup and it performed better than regular over the counter part stores brake pads you could get. For reference, the pass is a 6% 4 mile grade according to google. I never did upgrade to hydroboost because I just didn’t need to, I could get a decent pedal and good performance out of that setup and keeping the rear brakes properly adjusted.