Best 3 inch Suspension lift?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1BadBowtie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looking to do about 3 inches of suspension lift on my 98 GMC z71. Looking for tips, opinions and advice from those who have already done this. Thanks

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
NONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

they are all over priced wastes of money, keys do NOTHING one these trucks, the stock keys get you to the droop stops, you CAN NOT go higher then that. If the stock keys don't get you that far your bars are sagging and NO keys are gonna fix it you need bars.

crank the stock front end up and block the rear, that's the best option.

Any of the kits and the stock keys are gonna cause stiff ride and very fast front end part wear.

So honestly to save the front end buy a body lift that's 3 inches.

If not buy a real 4 inch or bigger kit and set it to what height you want, or crank the stock front, why waste $500 on something you can do for free?

gmcz71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
save up for the 4 or 6 inch, or put a body, i have a brand new front end, cranked it just to level it, 6 months later my tie rods are gooonnneee

DAGEN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Don't waste your money on a 3 inch lift, it will ride horrible and ruin your suspention parts.

BlackBeauty

No I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I honestly think you should go with a 3" BL... It will keep your stock ride and driveline angles, and give you the added tire clearance you're looking for

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
no need in doing hd bars, could cause more issues crank the stockers to level it up, if they don't do it then yea change bars.