BallJoints

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

benz88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Trucks a 95 Silverado k1500 6.5. I Need new balljoints but Looking online Shows there are 2 styles, Press fit and bolt on. Now Looking At my truck It appears the Lowers are Press Fit and the Uppers are Bolt on. This Make Sense?

98slv

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yup thats how it should be. The uppers are rivetted in from the factory and can sometime be a pain to get out from what I've heard. But the replacement ones will bolt in (just a way to tell if they've been replaced before.)

JAW's

B/W Country & Amer. R&R
Reaction score
Take an air hammer with a good chisel end and place the chisel on the bottom of the rivets on the control arm. (Opposite side of the ball joint.) The head of the rivet should peal off. Then take the the air hammer chisel and place it between the ball joint and the control arm to get it started. Take a punch and finish driving the rivets out of the control arm.

benz88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
PErfect Thanks guys. I don't need to worry about the Rivits as the Uppers were changed 2 years ago. Guess the shop used ty ones.