Ball Joints Brands

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nicksuspect

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So if you feel that Precision, Moog and Mevotech are all the same AND they fail within a year, why keep using any one of them? Lot of wasted time removing and installing those parts.
My Mevotech TTX are still rock solid almost 2 years later.
I didnt say precision or mevotech fail. I said ac delco and moog do. Precision is less of a hassle to warranty that's why and seem less cheaply made. My moog ones I can't get warrantied because no one ever has them. Usually when I'm swapped parts I need then now not later. The thing with mevotech ttx is also the problem with warranting them if you ever need to replace them. No ones carries mevotech ttx in store. I look at it in the aspect of not having to wait for them. Or pay shipping to ship back the defective part. That's alot of lost time. I used ac delco and moog the last time because everyone on here said that's what they used at the time.. but now more and more I'm seeing people say moog isn't made as good anymore. And ac delco either. And I also didn't go with the mevotech ttx because there's mixed reviews on those. Some like you say there good but there also alot they say they're garbage.

nicksuspect

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So you were buying the cheap shyt, and now buying lifetime grade. Almost all suppliers, even AC Delco offer different lines at different price points. This sounds more like a lesson in buy the better parts than anything else.
You would think original equipment wouldnt be considered cheap right.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You would think original equipment wouldnt be considered cheap right.
If you were buying pro-grade etc, even AC Delco has an economy grade, but many brands have exhibited some decline in quality. Longevity can be related to how it's done as well, an out of balance tire or loose component that got skipped can shimmy and shake even the best new parts into self-destruction in short order. Cracked/torn bushings are usually a result of tightening stuff up prior to putting the vehicle back on the ground with it's weight on it's suspension. Was alignment addressed at the same time etc. and the list goes on.

Not uncommon at all for different brands of the same part to use the same part#, it's been like that since I started with cars 35 years ago.

Last edited:

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didnt say precision or mevotech fail. I said ac delco and moog do.
But you’ve also said Precision, Moog and Mevotech are all one in the same part(your first post). I will never let having to wait an extra 2 or 3 days handicap me into not buying a BETTER part, like TTX. You do get some notification a ball joint is failing, rare one breaks down and fails in one day.
Point being, I don’t need my next ball joint available in under an hour.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
But you’ve also said Precision, Moog and Mevotech are all one in the same part(your first post). I will never let having to wait an extra 2 or 3 days handicap me into not buying a BETTER part, like TTX. You do get some notification a ball joint is failing, rare one breaks down and fails in one day.
Guys that use TTX swear by them

nicksuspect

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you were buying pro-grade etc, even AC Delco has an economy grade, but many brands have exhibited some decline in quality. Longevity can be related to how it's done as well, an out of balance tire or loose component that got skipped can shimmy and shake even the best new parts into self-destruction in short order. Cracked/torn bushings are usually a result of tightening stuff up prior to putting the vehicle back on the ground with it's weight on it's suspension. Was alignment addressed at the same time etc. and the list goes on.

Not uncommon at all for different brands of the same part to use the same part#, it's been like that since I started with cars 35 years ago.
Well when I did all my suspension I did it all together. And nothing was loose. Did tightened the controll arm bolts while It was on its own weight just like you said. And parts still failed prematurely. So even doing it right if the parts aren't made good will fail..

nicksuspect

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They are made by the same manufacturer only difference like I said is precision is always available and are identical to mevotech. See I can't do that be waiting 2 or 3 days this is my only car and need it to get to work. So for me specifically I need the parts asap. Just answer me this if you ttx fails how will you warranty them? Cuz you can't just go to a store and swap them. You literally have to call the manufacturer and even than it's still not guaranteed that you'll get a replacement part. Says it right on there warranty card.. I was going to buy the ttx but than I saw how hard it would be to warranty them and I said nope

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I buy certain things from local parts stores. Not important things like suspension and steering parts. Better parts can be had.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They are made by the same manufacturer only difference like I said is precision is always available and are identical to mevotech. See I can't do that be waiting 2 or 3 days this is my only car and need it to get to work. So for me specifically I need the parts asap. Just answer me this if you ttx fails how will you warranty them? Cuz you can't just go to a store and swap them. You literally have to call the manufacturer and even than it's still not guaranteed that you'll get a replacement part. Says it right on there warranty card.. I was going to buy the ttx but than I saw how hard it would be to warranty them and I said nope
You make it sound like you're replacing them on a frequent basis. Maybe need to look at the suspension setup. Cranked and poor angles will constantly wear out stuff forever. just sounds like more is going on.

nicksuspect

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You make it sound like you're replacing them on a frequent basis. Maybe need to look at the suspension setup. Cranked and poor angles will constantly wear out stuff forever. just sounds like more is going on.
No I'm not replacing them frequently buy it damn sure feels like it. Not like I could say they lasted me 2 years. Just feels so recent that it's frustrating. Than again I've dealt with problems like that with other parts. I'm just trying to fix everything the previous owner didnt