aztec needles in a 93 k1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hipasschev94

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i know from what i read they are not compatable for 90-94 gauge clusters but i have a 93 silverado ext cab with the tach cluster and im wondering what would it take to make the aztec needles work? i have enough to replace all my needles.

Half Assed

WINNERS NEVER LIFT
Reaction score
I sold some to a guy with a tach cluster and he said they didn't work....

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
The gauge pins are too small. I already tried. I don't have an older truck but I picked up a couple of Tach clusters to sell. I'm going to try swapping the gauge "motors" or whatever they're called from a '95-up cluster and see if they work on the older one. I just don't have a truck to test it in.

hipasschev94

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i knew that the pins on the motor were to small but wouldnt there be another way to get them on? possibly glue or something?

hipasschev94

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The gauge pins are too small. I already tried. I don't have an older truck but I picked up a couple of Tach clusters to sell. I'm going to try swapping the gauge "motors" or whatever they're called from a '95-up cluster and see if they work on the older one. I just don't have a truck to test it in.

you should make a thread on it id deffinetly be interested in seeing if they work or not

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
I wouldn't try gluing anything, you might get it down into the motor and then you're screwed on that gauge. I've got two clusters that I'm stripping the green off the back and putting LEDs in to sell. One has a slight blemish on the face and that's the one I'll be experimenting with. I'll definitely do a thread on it, I'm sure there's other guys that are tired of not having needle swap options. But, like I said, I don't have a truck to test if the newer motors work. I don't see why they won't, The only difference I can tell is the needle pin size.

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
I also jack any needles I can out of any car while I'm at the Yard (the owner doesn't care as long as it's a cluster he left in the car after it was stripped), just to test them and see if they fit, so I might end up finding something that works.

Half Assed

WINNERS NEVER LIFT
Reaction score
I also jack any needles I can out of any car while I'm at the Yard (the owner doesn't care as long as it's a cluster he left in the car after it was stripped), just to test them and see if they fit, so I might end up finding something that works.

this.

your going to have to find some needle that work OP, find a junkyard and start looking around at what fits

the aztek needles probably won't look that good in the older cluster anyway, heck I don't even like mine during the day. They do look good at night though...

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
this.

your going to have to find some needle that work OP, find a junkyard and start looking around at what fits

the aztek needles probably won't look that good in the older cluster anyway, heck I don't even like mine during the day. They do look good at night though...

I don't see any reason why the newer "motors" won't work in the older cluster, right? I've taken them all out and they look exactly the same except for the needle pins.

I think I'm going to take my Azteks out, I like the ones I got for my other truck better, probably will get another set for the Tahoe

hipasschev94

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't see any reason why the newer "motors" won't work in the older cluster, right? I've taken them all out and they look exactly the same except for the needle pins.

I think I'm going to take my Azteks out, I like the ones I got for my other truck better, probably will get another set for the Tahoe

what other needles work besides the aztec/grand prix needles?