Axle wrap fix?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I like the idea of having springs bent, but what are the potential drawbacks or advantages? That would be the simplest approach, but I've never had springs made before. Are they going to ride like crap with that much of a bow? Wouldn't they wrap more cuz they are longer? Does the shackle flip have any drawbacks?

I really dislike the look of ladder bars on trucks. So the springs or shackle flip seem the most logical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slippy3002

Master Machinist
Reaction score
I like the idea of having springs bent, but what are the potential drawbacks or advantages? That would be the simplest approach, but I've never had springs made before. Are they going to ride like crap with that much of a bow? Wouldn't they wrap more cuz they are longer? Does the shackle flip have any drawbacks?

I really dislike the look of ladder bars on trucks. So the springs or shackle flip seem the most logical.

Having your current springs arched won't hurt anything. Intact it would be your best bet, because it will retain the current ride quality.

Switching to a 3/4 ton spring will raise it the same just make it more stiff and able to handle more weight.

A shackle flip will maintain ride quality, but you will lose towing ability.

Sent from Robl@nd

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Imo your best bet is the 2500 springs easy and very cheap and helps with towing. Also shackle flips do not hurt your towing ability

slippy3002

Master Machinist
Reaction score
Imo your best bet is the 2500 springs easy and very cheap and helps with towing. Also shackle flips do not hurt your towing ability

I have read all over the internet that it does, but then I read that it doesn't. Nobody can post proof of either way.

Sent from Robl@nd

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Yah ive done quite a bit of reasearch on it and i have seen a couple people say it does but overall i have formed the opinion that it doesnt but i am by no means the end all be all

slippy3002

Master Machinist
Reaction score
Yah ive done quite a bit of reasearch on it and i have seen a couple people say it does but overall i have formed the opinion that it doesnt but i am by no means the end all be all

Would you say you have hauled the same weight with a flip and freely no difference?

Sent from Robl@nd

Reaction score
So I can have my current springs arched? Wouldn't that weaken or shorten them. I just don't see stretching 4-6" out of my stock springs. I'd have them build me a new set of springs that are arched higher if anything.

I just need to make sure the ride height ends up the same as it is now and that there are no major drawbacks to whichever route I take.

Shackle flip and 2500 springs are my other choice. I planned on sourcing the springs from the local pull a part if I go that route. I have research to do.... Thanks y'all!

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
A 2500 spring pack and a shackle flip with be your best bet, or just a shackle flip with your current spring and add a leaf.