Axle wrap fix?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Just installed lift and now I have bad axle wrap when taking off. Aside from ladder bars, which are ugly as sin IMO, what can I do to fix it? There's a horrible vibration from what feels like the transfer case when I take off. Guy from Rough country says it has to be axle wrap since it disappears at speed. I thought it had to do with the drive shaft having pulled out the TC a bit, but I've been assured by many that there's still plenty in there. I even stopped by the local drive shaft shop and the dude didn't seem concerned with how it looks.

My truck has always excelled in the power dept so I don't doubt a bit that the springs are wrapping, especially with the addition of blocks. U bolts are tight, I triple checked. Running a 4" tapered block and add a leaf. I don't have the $$ for springs since I just dropped it all on lift and such. There's a place locally that bends springs, but they are still expensive. Thinking about having him bend me some better u-bolts tho.

My thought now is to pick up a set of 3/4 ton springs and mechanically (traction bar, ladder bar, etc.) fix the spring wrap. I''m not a fan of seeing the spring eye below my fender so I don't like the idea of a shackle flip, but at this point I'm looking for the most economical and reliable fix. I'ts my DD, and occasionally hauls a trailer.

Anybody have experience with these: http://www.rockymountainsusp.com/accessories/ladder-traction-bars/10895-tc.html?make=256&c=29&i=0

I'm looking for the most cost effective, yet functional fix. I don't want to make it ride like a tank and to be honest it almost never sees a trail so flex isn't a huge concern. I just don't want to tear anything up since its my DD.

What are your thoughts?

Thoughts, concerns, whatever.....Lets hear it.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

woody31

Banned
Reaction score
the best fix is to put it back the way it was ,,,no lift,,no vibration, axle wrap,,seems pretty simple to me,,

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
the best fix is to put it back the way it was ,,,no lift,,no vibration, axle wrap,,seems pretty simple to me,,

Not every one wants a stock truck... they have some sort of arm the mounts at the bottom of your axle and at the front of your leaf. I forget what they are called but itll help with axle rap. Worth looking into

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score

Your solution for everything it put your truck back to stock if thats all you got to say keep your mouth shut

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
the link you posted wont do anything, its not the leafs that move its the axle itself, a trac bar should be located on the axle to keep it from moving.

slippy3002

Master Machinist
Reaction score
Whoa! I have heard that the rough country blocks cause axle wrap.

Sent from Robl@nd