Anyone recognize this Chevy transmission adapter?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EDNY

Reaction score
Don't know the history of that 348 engine..could have been in a truck. Maybe GM put a specific trans behind that engine in the 60"s?

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Don't know the history of that 348 engine..could have been in a truck. Maybe GM put a specific trans behind that engine in the 60"s?
GM used the HydraMatic trans and the Turboglide trans, both automatics, behind the 348/409 engines. These were stouter than the Powerglide they ran behind the small blocks and the straight sixes.

EDNY

Reaction score
A contact on my Chevy vintage car forum found this craigslist post with what looks like the same plate listed as a Ford adapter?

Back in the 70's when I was a mechanic I remember working on a GTO or Tempest, (something GM) replacing a clutch. That GM car had a Ford transmission in it from the factory. Something to do with parts shortage as a result of the GM transmission division strike?