Anyone put a 3 way component set up front?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kirsh

Reaction score
When I got my truck back in 2011 I think it among other things that needed TLC was my radio, my truck is an extend (3 door) cab. I wish I could tell you was put in but I can't I had them installed by a local car audio shop. They showed me my only good (OEM) speaker, I don't know how it made sound, the other three, well trash would be to good of a word to describe them. A couple of days later I went back telling them when I turn up the volume on the (stock) Delco it sounded like I was about to blow those new speakers, not a chance they said, they said the amp in the stock radio was running out of power was all.

So I had them install an Alpine in there, WOW WHAT A DIFFERENCE. More sensitive too, the old radio I could have it go a quarter way across the dial before it found a station, new one, could hardly move before it stopped on the next station. Side note on that, I spent the first 20 ish years of my life in Pontiac Mi, and had developed the idea anything above Flint was the back woods with hardly anything to offer, so the old Delco radio proved my point. Anyway I then had tunes and a good speaker system, BUT where is/was the lows.

I went back again and talked about a sub woofer, could one be put in there, sure, no problem, we'll just put a low profile 8 inch sub in there, that and a 300 watt amp. Now I have close to what I want, UNTIL my son got a speaker system put in by those same people along with TWO 12 inch sub woofers.......... Because his 2000 Yukon (the long Suburban size one) has more room, and bigger speakers now his blows mine out of the water.

I guess the short of all this rambling is, whatever speakers you decide on boredandstroked see if they have a at least part of the speakers hooked up so you can at least get an idea of what they might sound like. Granted you won't know for sure until they are installed. Good luck.

you absolutley right.
I takes sub from my old car, cheapest 3way system.
The most difficult was to choose an amp.