Anyone in Alberta have a good shop to recommend for a swap?

Discussion in 'LSX + Carb Swaps' started by Jeff7, Nov 7, 2016.

1. Jeff7

Jeff7 OBS Enthusiast

Eventually I'd like to swap a newer engine into my truck and as much as I would like to do it myself to learn I just don't have the resources in terms of tools, space, or people to give me a hand or advice. So I was looking to see if anyone on this site is from Alberta and knows a good shop to recommend.

Also, and maybe this should be it's own thread, has anyone heard of people putting in the new 6.2L engines with the 8 speed transmissions?

2. Champ

Champ OBS Enthusiast

There's a few of us Albertans kicking around on here! Unfortunately I don't have a shop to recommend, but I may know someone who does. As for the 6.2, never heard of anyone doing that swap, probably because those motors are so new and that makes them a little bit expensive and hard to come by. Give it a few years and I'm sure we'll start seeing them though.

3. Jeff7

Jeff7 OBS Enthusiast

Yea that''s what I figured in regards to the swap. I mean I won't be doing anything for another couple years so I'll figure something out then. But now I'm thinking I'll buy a used newer truck to be dependable and better on gas (for a truck anyway) and has 4 doors for every day use for the family, and then do an LS swap in my 98 purely for power and just drive that truck for fun.

4. dfarr67

dfarr67 Newbie