Anyone do a double DIN on 94 or older dash?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4player

Wookie Wagon
Reaction score
They interfere a little bit. I had a super big gulp in there today and it was tilted a bit.....but not real bad. I can make more if I can find the parts. material wise I was in it about $50.....time wise......I think all told this took me 8 or 9 hours to build. There is a lot of gluing and sanding and especially the cutting. I can work out a price with anyone that is interested.

There is stuff that the person who wants to do this has to do. You ahve to cut part of the dash between the lower snap in points and you have to cut the black vent system at the edges so it can move like a flap. I posted pics of it in this thread what I did.

Silverfox

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like what you did 4player; it looks pretty good !!! Any price yet if a person wants one !! I also noticed or found single din receivers that will fit that have a screen that comes out but goes down---not up so it doesn't get in the way of your a/c.Just thought I would throw in my 2 cents worth !!

4player

Wookie Wagon
Reaction score
The radio just sits in there....but I used a bracket to bolt it to the back of the dash behind the glove box so you cant just pull it out. It has been over a week since I put this in and it has been great. Gotten a few looks from guys in other rigs like ours too when the sit next to me at a light. As for building more.....I have been really busy and have not had the time to figure out how to build another one. I might try here soon though. As for price........what would you all be willing to spend? Driven Nashville wants $250 for their insert.

Lordkay972

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The radio just sits in there....but I used a bracket to bolt it to the back of the dash behind the glove box so you cant just pull it out. It has been over a week since I put this in and it has been great. Gotten a few looks from guys in other rigs like ours too when the sit next to me at a light. As for building more.....I have been really busy and have not had the time to figure out how to build another one. I might try here soon though. As for price........what would you all be willing to spend? Driven Nashville wants $250 for their insert.

I'd give as much as $125 for one. Ideal price for me would be$100 plus shipping and handling.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Silverfox

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think you should build a couple first and then you will know (remember) what it took to do. Then maybe you will be a great member and sell them for around a 100 bucks or so !!!

Fredridge

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
looks pretty nice, I just bought a 92 blazer and really want to add Bluetooth and Nav.

I think I am going to see if I can massage one of the new Parrot Asteroid Smart's where the radio portion is... no cd, so depth isn't an issue, and it seems a bit smaller that other double dins based on pics I see.

4player

Wookie Wagon
Reaction score
I just got a new practice dash and will be trying to streamline how my double din insert is made......

Lordkay972

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just got a new practice dash and will be trying to streamline how my double din insert is made......
Awesome! I hope you'll start producing and selling them. If you do, put a ID number on them, because I want #00002 ( you have #00001 in your truck) :p