Anyone do a double DIN on 94 or older dash?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

honor first

Reaction score
I am trying to get it down to where I can sell them at $100 or less. Also trying to find materials is kinda hard. It takes 2 or 3 regular inserts to make one of the double din ones with all the cutting and splicing. Buying 3 of those inserts runs me around $60 just for that....not to mention the rest of the materials to make it all work.

I hear ya. That's something I can see justifiably selling for $150 or more if the factory vent output isn't reduced or compromised.

4player

Wookie Wagon
Reaction score
On the one i designed everything works, just the way it is intended. And I hope to find a way to mass produce it.

cplanubis

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This sounds cool but none of the pictures are showing up would like to see a finished product

Last edited:

Silverfox

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think a lot of people would like to see the pictures of what you have built !!! It would be nice to have a double din in mine for sure !!!! It is hard to do anything with the square box of a dash without ripping it all out or fiberglass in a new one !!!

4player

Wookie Wagon
Reaction score
I have been contacting various companies to make more of my design and so far the cost alone for just starting up is around $10,000. Ya, you read that right......that was for 20 units as that is how many people want one that I can confirm. I am looking into 3d printing right now and a couple other options.

The price point I think I was going for was $150 each since I would be doing most of the work. With going back to the drawing board I have no idea how much it might cost. Right now I plan on going to the junkyard and getting as many inserts as I can and just making a bunch of them. Going to be a few weeks though since I need to raise the funds to pay for them all as ONE double din insert requires at least 2 regular ones to make it. For 2 of them it is around $35 bucks at the local yard......then add in all the other stuff......you get the point.

I will let you all know what I can come up with.

4player

Wookie Wagon
Reaction score
Here is the finished product. So I am getting ready to manufacture Double Din stereo inserts for 88-94 Chevy and GMC trucks. I made one for mine and it works great.
What I need to know from all of you who have the square dash and want this is......
How much are you willing to pay for this?
My insert KEEPS your vents and they work, others I have seen eliminate the vents. How many of you care about this?
Keep in mind these are going to be built by hand, so labor is an issue. The last company that made them made a batch of 10 at $250 each.
So how much would you be willing to pay for one of these and the instructions to make it work in your truck?
You must be registered for see images attach

cplanubis

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The 150 you said seems more than fair love the gauges above the vents what did you pull them out of

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

7echo

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 150 you said seems more than fair love the gauges above the vents what did you pull them out of

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I think the gauges are from maybe a Toyota or Land Cruiser.

4player

Wookie Wagon
Reaction score
For those of you that would like one pm me and let me know if you are interested.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolxnico