Anyone color match their side markers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Colormatch them but make them still functional. One or two coats of tint, lay down a few hundred micro dots that you won't be able to see unless you're about 6 inches from the lens, and then spray with color.

96Z71ECSB

Old Gearhead
Reaction score
Actually, I view this truck as "filling in the side marker lights" or the grille was manufactured without them. It's different than color matching. It's a cleaner smoother look.
You must be registered for see images attach

I've seen this done to older vehicles with the side marker lights mounted in sheet metal (i.e. fenders, quarter panel) but not on a GMT400.

This way looks unfinished to me.

I would try the previous suggestion of buying new ones and having them clear coated.

19trax95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I agree. That blue truck is a completely different situation. The headlights arr also hidden so the side markers shouldn't still be there. And its smoothed into the rest of the body.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had mine painted back in the day.

A friend of mine has his painted as well.

And yet another friend had his shaved.

I always preferred the look of them being painted and not shaved for some reason.

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
white plastidip. will let some noticeable light shine through at night and it would go with color of your truck and if you dont like it peel it off. i have my lower marker dipped black (not that they work anyway) and i love the look.

ShadowRejects

I drank the Kingpin koolaid
Reaction score
Horns i actually like that idea. seems pretty functional. and southern_z71_92 i like the way yours look on your truck. I might try the white plastidip just to see how it looks