Anybody use limbotics step shaver kit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mhenry1282

Reaction score

TechNova

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The step side boxes are not fiberglass, they are SMC. Fiberglass repair materials or normal body fillers will not leave a lasting repair.
Any repairs or adding fiberglass panels would need SMC repair materials, both structural and cosmetic.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What's funny is you don't realize Tech Nova is correct. The bedsides are SMC and need to be repaired with SMC compatible products instead of polyester fiberglass resin or products containing polyester resins. If you do use polyester based products the repair can "ghost" through the finished paint work.

Last edited:

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What's funny is you don't realize Tech Nova is correct. The bedsides are SMC and need to be repaired with SMC compatible products instead of polyester fiberglass resin or products containing polyester resins. If you do use polyester based products the repair can "ghost" through the finished paint work.
Oh I know he is correct, I have a 91 stepside. That's why I was wondering what is so funny to @Shawtbed96.