Anybody ever pulled the carpet out of their truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NathanY

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
And pressure washed it and put it back? My carpet is in good shape, no tears, burns or anything, its just dirty. Would it be possible to remove and pressure wash it with good results?

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
The carpet is Nylon. Can't hurt it by doing this. Just make sure that it's really dry, including the underlay, before putting it back. Don't hit the underlay with the pressure washer. It won't like that. The underlay will hold the water longer than the carpet. If you want to, you can seperate the two, glue the underlay back into the vehicle, wash the carpet & then re-install that when it's dry. The carpet will dry out much faster this way. Use 3M '90' aerosol glue, available at most home supply stores.
Or for a little less than $300.00 you can buy new carpets. It'll come with the new underlay. Use/specify 'ACC' (Auto Craft Carpets), 'cause they ARE the best.
While the carpet is out is the perfect time to add some sound deadener. Fat Mat, Brown Bag, Insul-Shield, whatever. There is a bunch of different Co.'s. Anything is better than nothing. It makes a big difference. I like to do 2 layers on the back wall. Get enough to do your doors, too. 70% of road noise comes through the doors.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have a friend who buy's and resell's truck's all the time, he takes carpet to the car wash and uses the car brush on them and then spray's the hell out of them, it's suprising how good they look afterward.

///RAGMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ive never have presure washed my carpet but I have taken out the seats and used a carpet shampooer on it

NathanY

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I pulled it out and took the pressure washer to it. It looks a lot better, but it still looks dirty. Think I am going to put a new rubber mat in it.

itst9

Reaction score
Never pulled the carpet out but I have taken a portable carpet cleaner to it. I took the seats and center console out. With the setup I had you just sprayed the carpet, just so it was damp not drenched, and then sucked the water up. Then let it dry completely for a couple f days. This worked quite well for me, I was surprised at the dirt that was in the machine when i finished.