Pulling truck build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fatdanny

Reaction score
Looking to turn my 98 5.7 3500 8nto a pulling truck. Doing a carb swap so would like to remove as much wiring harness as possible. Figured out how to swap my transmission to Manuel so that no problem, but would still want to run stereo headlights taillights and climate control ect. Is this possible when removing the ecu completely? I'm by no means am I a professional mechanic so any input is greatly valued! Thanks

slow_c1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don’t think the ecu has anything to do with headlights, stereo, or any of the other electronics you mentioned. It only controls the engine and auto trans. All the interior electronics, headlights, and other stuff has their own separate wiring harness that is not dependent on the ecu. I have heard of people carb swapping these trucks all the time and they never mentioned losing any other electronics. But I have not done this, so I’m not 100% sure how it would all work out.

Last edited:

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
By pulling truck do you mean like a competition drag-sled puller or a cross-country tow pig?