Anybody else's TYC headlights leak horribly?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97Bowtie1106

it's not a lowrider!!!
Reaction score
My TYCs are maybe 3 months old and they leak really bad. I was driving in the rain last night and so much moisture got in that I blew a bulb. All Ive heard is that TYC is the best aftermarket headlight. Honestly, my eBay headlights have held up better. Anybody else have this problem or did I just get the shaft? Id really like to just seal these up but Im not sure if it's worth it.

SinisterSilverado

Chronic Boredom
Reaction score
I have TYCs as well and they don't leak too bad, but whenever it rains or I wash the truck they do fog up.

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
my first set did within a week and ruined the chrome in the housing so had to send em back for a new set. now its been like a year on this set and no problems. still wouldnt call them best fitting i have mine on stock headlight brackets so they fit better than before

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah anymore when I buy a set of clear headlight's I use clear silicone on them right out of the box.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Yeah I did that then realized I got too much around the outside end of the light and had to trim it back....those w/t's have a very close tolerance around that end clip section. I still don't think I got it ALL out of there, the pass side one fits pretty snug. The DEPO ones fit my 98 like stock headlights, I even got out the gap blocks to check and they're perfect.

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
I bought a set of IPCW headlights and have had no problem with the lens, but I can't say the same about the part that bolts to the truck. The adjuster is broken and it makes the lens very loose. Anyway, these came with pre-drilled holes in the bottom to let moisture out so they don't yellow up. I don't know if it will help since yours leaks, but I drilled holes in my S10 light housings too and that kept the moisture out.