Any sopranos fans here?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99Yak

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I saw Tony's Burb on Craigslist or EBay 4 or 5 years ago.
They were asking too much, but not that much. I wonder if there was more than one.

Sopranos, Band of Brothers, and Mad Men. All great series.
By the number of wanna be wise guys back then, I'm not sure everyone understood that David Chase was mocking the mob and Tony was the clinical profile of a sociopath. Regardless, "The Pine Barrons" has to be one of the funniest episodes of any series, ever. "... and he was an interior decorator ". "His place looked like ****".

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I know movie (and TV series) productions often use a number of vehicles to appear as one, but I am pretty sure they crashed the Suburban ... right? When the guys Uncle Junior sent to kill him failed, he crashed while battling with them, totalled the Suburban.

Richard

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Probably had a nice, clean truck for close-up shots, and a stripped out hunk-o-junk painted up nice for the wrecks and shootings.

Remember the movie "Vanishing Point"? Chrysler loaned eight 1970 Challenger R/Ts for filming. If you put your VCR on slow forward when you watch the final shot where the car is wrecked, you'll see it's actually a '67 Camaro shell.

Tommy1234

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Probably had a nice, clean truck for close-up shots, and a stripped out hunk-o-junk painted up nice for the wrecks and shootings.

Remember the movie "Vanishing Point"? Chrysler loaned eight 1970 Challenger R/Ts for filming. If you put your VCR on slow forward when you watch the final shot where the car is wrecked, you'll see it's actually a '67 Camaro shell.
Now that is a very interesting piece of Trivia that I would never know about.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I know movie (and TV series) productions often use a number of vehicles to appear as one.

Richard
Back in the early 2000's I worked for a Co. that had a contract to clone '96-'99 Suburbans so that they all appeared identical.
Black with grey interiors. They all got the same wheels & tires.
6 a month. Ex-lease or rentals. Bought at auction. Most under 60,000 miles.
From the day the 6 were delivered, 8 of us could pound them out in around 18-21 days. Everything was the same so...production line. Most of the crew had over-lapping knowledge so we could shuffle around to help in other areas when needed.
Body shop with a double long paint booth. In one end, out the other. Upholstery shop in the same building, separate unit.
The seats we'd have all pre-sewn. 2 girls cutting & 2 stitching would take a week to do 6 sets of seats. Pre-make the door panel inserts, too.
Carpet kits. Rolls of grey H/L material.
A small paint booth for prepping & dying of plastics.
Front doors got a 50% tint & the rest of the side & rear glass got 70%.
Why 6 at a time? 3 to a 40' container.
They were all going to The Middle East. The total order was for 50 units delivered in 350 days. One a week. We kicked that deadline's a$$
When those were done, we did 10 more Burbs plus 10 Lincoln Town Cars for the local movie industry. Same colors. Black/Grey.

Tommy1234

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Back in the early 2000's I worked for a Co. that had a contract to clone '96-'99 Suburbans so that they all appeared identical.
Black with grey interiors. They all got the same wheels & tires.
6 a month. Ex-lease or rentals. Bought at auction. Most under 60,000 miles.
From the day the 6 were delivered, 8 of us could pound them out in around 18-21 days. Everything was the same so...production line. Most of the crew had over-lapping knowledge so we could shuffle around to help in other areas when needed.
Body shop with a double long paint booth. In one end, out the other. Upholstery shop in the same building, separate unit.
The seats we'd have all pre-sewn. 2 girls cutting & 2 stitching would take a week to do 6 sets of seats. Pre-make the door panel inserts, too.
Carpet kits. Rolls of grey H/L material.
A small paint booth for prepping & dying of plastics.
Front doors got a 50% tint & the rest of the side & rear glass got 70%.
Why 6 at a time? 3 to a 40' container.
They were all going to The Middle East. The total order was for 50 units delivered in 350 days. One a week. We kicked that deadline's a$$
When those were done, we did 10 more Burbs plus 10 Lincoln Town Cars for the local movie industry. Same colors. Black/Grey.
Wow that is very interesting bit of knowledge there too man.