Any one on here have Monroe Reflex Monotube truck shocks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Toms94z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just wondering how they have been since I plan on putting these on my truck since I can get a pretty good discount on them at work and my old shocks are in need of replacing.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey bud I have no idea about "Monroe" never really heard of them but I also haven't done alot of research on shocks other than when I just bought my MX6s (pro-comp) this past month. What I can tell you is that the Monroe's must be decent because they are Monotube. I noticed when looking for mine that most shocks now-a-days are Twin Tube which is a level below a monotube shock. Also, the good news about the monotube shocks is you can mount them any way you like. I just did the dual shock setup and I wanted them to be can up, which is upside down for a twin tube shock which cannot be mounted that way. Through my research I realized that the monotube shocks can be mounted any way you like and are just superior in all areas. The monotubes also will help with a bit of unsprung weight. I also noticed they added a touch more "lift" to the front of mine since I only did mx6 monotubes up front. Don't get me wrong though it was barely noticeable since I've had this truck the same height for 5 years maybe a quarter to half inch lift at tops. Anyway, I see no ones had anything to say, so thought I would just give you my tad bit of knowledge. Hope that helped.

Griffin

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had the regular Reflex shocks along time ago on the front of my old truck. I had the first set completely beat out the upper bushings but they were replaced with no problem. They were a decent working shocks and stuck to the road good.

blackcoffee

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Pretty much shocks are shocks unless you get pricey and get into the higher tech ones with options like the 5100 and up series bilsteins or something.
I always thought for a less exspensive shock that was really decent for a stock height truck was the bilstein hd's had them on my 2 door tahoe and loved them changed handling drastically.

Toms94z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well i got them on my truck now and they are a lot better then the the cheapy twin tubes i put on there 2 yrs ago, but to me the test of a good product is more then initial quality, it's how well it hold up in the long run, if they are still rebounding good 50k miles from now I will deem them as a great shock.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Be sure to bump this thread in 4 years letting us know! haha

I haven't had much time with my monotube mx6's but man are they an amazing change from the dick cepek twin tubes that came with my lift kit. My handling around turns is wayyy better, and I just figured it wouldn't be that hot with 37's but they helped a ton.

Arnold

Reaction score
Bump, about to go an pick some up today and swap mine out. Hope they are pretty good!!

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Bump, about to go an pick some up today and swap mine out. Hope they are pretty good!!

They've been discussed quite a bit on here in other threads. Cheap, but not really a high end replacement. Kind of squishy. If I were you I'd go with Bilstein HDs instead.

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
Well i got them on my truck now and they are a lot better then the the cheapy twin tubes i put on there 2 yrs ago, but to me the test of a good product is more then initial quality, it's how well it hold up in the long run, if they are still rebounding good 50k miles from now I will deem them as a great shock.

Well, it's been five year's, how's your shocks lol.