Another new guy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

barebones 1500

I'm That Guy
Reaction score
he didn't get a chance today, i should of snapped a couple to appease the members.

barebones 1500

I'm That Guy
Reaction score
yeah passed out on the couch like ten minutes after you left man. i counted all the stuff and we drank that bottle of jager, that bottle of wine(mostly janet and erin on that one), 22 beers and there was those bottles of UV and champagne floating around. hell of a night though

96RedCav

That Cavalier guy
Reaction score
Haha, I woke up on the floor in my living room in front of the fire. Sasha sitting on my chest staring at me like "you still alive bro?"

The pics I took last night sucked because of the dark, crappy flash. And it was like 20 degrees. I wasn't messing around out there long. Thanks for the heads up on that welder Matt, Picked it up this morning and was out in the garage messing with it. Good penetration for how small it is. Perfect for body panels and exhaust work :)

You must be registered for see images attach

^^This one is really dark, But you can kinda see the back bumper. That is the worst on the truck.

^^Smoothie, with the ugly front

^^The worst of the truck body-wise

^^Interior, Needs cleaning. But should shine up nice.

^^The cheap welder.

Time to rip into it. And invest in bed liner and por-15

1990GMCSIERRA

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ive got a welder like that cept mines true blue
them lil chicago welders are great for lil stuff

lots of potential there,,anxious to see what u do with it man

96RedCav

That Cavalier guy
Reaction score
Yeah, It's a complete project for me. Need to get some better pics of everything and the hack engine bay. Can't wait to re-do that mess :( Might go down to pop's today and snap a few and dig into it a little. Getting kinda bored at my house knowing I have a new project 20 minutes away haha.

Once I get a pile o' cash saved up and nail down what parts i need specifically, then the fun begins. Still in the planning/making it run stage.

Matt dug into it a little yesterday and says he thinks the motor is siezed...Gotta look into it more. Wouldn't be surprised as it was owned by someone who doesn't know much or care to know much about cars, and "fixed" by someone who knows even less, but thinks he knows it all. Coolant looks like it's empty and there was no spot from where it was sitting. Bad sign if they drove it. The guy said he had to run it at redline just to get it going. It apparently was driven to his house after the guy replaced the motor...But after looking at the bay and just what Matt and I noticed looking at it in the dark friday...There's no way in HELL this thing moved under it's own power...So yeah, If they ran the engine the way it sits...This motor is toast.

barebones 1500

I'm That Guy
Reaction score
i do think that motor is done for and i can't even think of a word to describe how much of a hack job the motor was, i think a hamster would have done a better motor swap. and you know you will have to let me use that welder, i want to get more into metal fab so i think i will try to make some repair panels for my truck

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
Before you dig into it, take a pic of the engine bay. Should be good for some laughs. Might help a little too.