Anchor nuts for GMC grill

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

outlawten5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do local auto parts stores carry those plastic anchor nuts for the turn signals? Can't find them in the LMC catalog.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You mean the ones that screw over the plastic shafts on the corner markers? Or the ones that pop into the grille that the parking lights screw into? LMC has both. Part numbers 31-0871 (corner marker nuts) and 30-0815 (parking light nut inserts). They also have the earlier parking light anchors which combine two of them per side, part number 31-1352.

http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/cd/full.aspx?Page=146

Word of warning about the corner marker nuts though, the ones from LMC suck. They're a little big so they don't cut into the plastic studs very well. You'd be a lot better off re-using your factory ones.

outlawten5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Converted from a work truck grill so I need both. I'm going to call the dealer tomorrow. Or check the local salvage yard

TechNova

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If buying the stamped tin speed nuts make sure they are the correct style, in addition to needing the proper hole size.
If there is a stud, either plastic or metal that was originally smooth you need the tin nut with two slots as shown here
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/oer-r401/overview/
Notice the two slots next to the hole. These are designed for that type stud, either when the stud is new or when reinstalling a part with used studs. The nut cuts threads as it is installed or grabs the old threads of a previously properly used stud.

There is a similar tin nut with only one slot that is for a factory threaded stud that looks like a machine screw.
Mix the two and you will break your stud or have a loose fit.

Stephen

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score