Oem grille emblem too big for LMC grille

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Also, the LMC aftermarket grille isn't quite the same as OE (go figure). It doesn't completely surround the emblem like the original one did.

Here's my 88 with both aftermarket pieces, LMC grille, I can't remember the source for the Bow Tie.
You must be registered for see images attach
I do not have a pic at the moment since trucks is at a body shop but this is exactly what mine looks like,emblem sticks out...Correct year Lmc grille with Correct year oem emblem!!!!!with the original grille the emblem goes further in almost flush

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I do not have a pic at the moment since trucks is at a body shop but this is exactly what mine looks like,emblem sticks out...Correct year Lmc grille with Correct year oem emblem!!!!!with the original grille the emblem goes further in almost flush

If you mean how the emblem isn't counter-sunk on the top and bottom like the original setup, all the aftermarket grilles I've seen are like that. It's not just LMC. IIRC it was a copyright issue, so all the aftermarket grille shells are missing the top and bottom of the frame for the bowtie. You either have to use an OEM grille, or deal with that.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Correct. For the emblem to sit flush in the grille center, they would have to make a depressed area in the exact shape of the Chevy bowtie.. which is a copyright issue. The GMC aftermarket grilles have a similar issue but since the GMC emblem doesn't sit flush on its mounting area anyway, you really don't notice that underneath it the mount isn't exactly shaped like the emblem.

For a grille without any emblem, there's the "special edition" grilles from LMC, but they're not simply a regular grille minus the emblem area. It's sort of a cross between a Chevy and GMC grille. It's not for me..

Richard

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
No problem!

I hope maybe one of the big names like Holley will work out a deal with GM to produce some grilles with the OEM emblem framing but so far I haven't seen any.

Martin Evans

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Correct. For the emblem to sit flush in the grille center, they would have to make a depressed area in the exact shape of the Chevy bowtie.. which is a copyright issue. The GMC aftermarket grilles have a similar issue but since the GMC emblem doesn't sit flush on its mounting area anyway, you really don't notice that underneath it the mount isn't exactly shaped like the emblem.

For a grille without any emblem, there's the "special edition" grilles from LMC, but they're not simply a regular grille minus the emblem area. It's sort of a cross between a Chevy and GMC grille. It's not for me..

Richard
Thanks for posting that. I've been thinking about doing an Escalade concept with my '89 K1500, but don't want to replace the whole front clip. So I considered getting a GMC grille and cutting out the emblem, but that's a lot of modification that I don't really want to do either. So lately I've been leaning towards just leaving it a Chevy. That grille would be a good solution for what I wanted to do if I can convince myself to fork out the over $200 to do it.