AM92's 98 K1500 "Elsie" Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
Well went to get the truck inspected today and they busted me for not having cats....so now I guess I have a few options
1) Get it looked at by someone else who won't notice
2) Order some thunderbolt cats and have them welded to the off-road mid pipe I have now
3) Get long tube headers and thunderbolt cats and have a shop fab a mid pipe with cats for me
Vote!!! (I like option 3 best, but its the most expensive :hmm:)

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
Quicker sticker by Walmart...I went there last year and just unhooked my battery for a while so the SES light went off and they didn't notice a thing, but this time the guy crawled under and looked

Half Assed

WINNERS NEVER LIFT
Reaction score
Try welding heat shields over the pipes so it looks like a catalytic converter?

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
Weird quicker sticker is usually a bunch of high school drop outs who actually don't know what a cat look like. If I still lives there I would be able to hook you up but i haven't talked to the guys from Kwik kar in a while.

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
So as you can see in the pics, my windshield wipers sit waaay off. I've heard that you can adjust them by taking the cowl off and adjusting the mechanism, or by taking the arm off, grinding the key off, and re-indexing them. Here's my question, how do you get the damn wiper arms off??? I didn't try too long, but I just couldn't figure it out :shrug:

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
Jumping in from a different thread, I just wanted to to tell AM92 thanks for the advice and that his truck looks SOOO SWEET!! (that was the main reason I jumped over here- to look at his truck!)