AM92's 98 K1500 "Elsie" Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blue_92_sierra

Aftermath
Reaction score
So as you can see in the pics, my windshield wipers sit waaay off. I've heard that you can adjust them by taking the cowl off and adjusting the mechanism, or by taking the arm off, grinding the key off, and re-indexing them. Here's my question, how do you get the damn wiper arms off??? I didn't try too long, but I just couldn't figure it out :shrug:

Flip the arms out like your washin your windshield, there will be a little tab on top, pull it up and gently wiggle your wipers as you pull up and they'll pop off

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
Yea...'drews truck is a sexy ass *****!
Thanks man!
Flip the arms out like your washin your windshield, there will be a little tab on top, pull it up and gently wiggle your wipers as you pull up and they'll pop off
Thanks, I figured it out shortly afterwards, lol

In other news, I finished up the body lift install today :) What a PITA though...I got the kit used so I didn't have the side bumper lift brackets and I have to make some, also idk if this is normal or not but my gas filler tube only had about a 6" peice of rubber hose right on top of the tank and then the rest was metal. Well there was no way in hell I was gonna try to get in there with a utility knife and cut it so instead I had to cut the metal tube off pretty close to the cap and then make a quick trip to lowes to get some flexible tubing to go from there to the extension peice to the stock tubing. Besides those two things, eveything went pretty smooth and I also put in new body bushings while I was at it. All in all it took me about 4 hrs yesterday and 7-8 today to get everything done with only hand tools. Plan for tomorrow is to take pics, remove rear bumper to get it ready to raise, and undercoat frame. Whew!

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
Ok, so I was gonna buy some front shackle mounts from a guy who makes them for our trucks but I send him message over a week ago and still haven't heard back. So, I may try to make my own...I'm thinking something like this http://www.ebay.com/itm/CLEVIS-SHACK...3e42a7&vxp=mtr and drill 2 bolt holes to bolt through the front frame rails and then I have some spacers I can cut to size to keep it centered. I dont really want to drill through 3/4" of steel without a drill press though...comments, concerns, suggestions?

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
Ya when I had the body lift on my old ccsb it didn't have the side brackets on the front bumper but it was never a big deal since the bumper sat right anyways.

kidd666

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ok diggin the truck. need to see pics with the bl on. and what did you do about your exhaust?

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
Ya when I had the body lift on my old ccsb it didn't have the side brackets on the front bumper but it was never a big deal since the bumper sat right anyways.
No problem man, I got it figured out...

ok diggin the truck. need to see pics with the bl on. and what did you do about your exhaust?

Thanks man, i'll get some pics up soon. For the exhaust nothing is affected because the whole drivetrain stays in the same spot in relation to the frame...

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
Very nice truck. Was the upper corner mod a PITA to do?

Thank man...the upper corner mod wasn't too bad, I had my stock corners that I cut the back off and then glued to the new uppers. Then I drilled a hole in the new one for the bulb to fit through and drilled another hole in the grille shell so the socket can fit. Then just splice into the lowers with your new pigtail. This thread has good pics and instructions if you want more info http://www.gmt400.com/forum/showthread.php?6958-Upper-corner-lights&highlight=upper+corner