Aftermarket Headlight Assembly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mclaughlin006

Reaction score
I'm back and forth on which to get, and have no experience in this type of thing. I found this set:

http://www.amazon.com/111102-Chevro...bs_auto_7?ie=UTF8&refRID=0SC51HT43N4TADEVH309

While it has good reviews, there are only 3 of them, so I take that with a grain of salt. Does anyone have experience with this brand? If not this one, I'm extremely open for suggestions as to what company to go with. I plan on doing HID lights as well, have thought about projectors, etc, but I'm pretty overwhelmed.

Thanks!

Mike

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I don't see any projectors in that picture. That would be the first red flag.

Second would be, even if they had projectors, haven't seen a projector housing for GMT400 trucks yet that had good light output. (Other than the ones where people have DIY hacked OEM style projectors into their housings.)

Richard

mclaughlin006

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies.

@someotherguy: That's what I was thinking as well. From what I've read online, Anzo makes a quality product, and I like the design of that one. Like you, however, I noticed no projectors on that one. Projectors are not really a NEED or have-to-have item, I just want something better than the OEM lights, which one of the ones I have needs replaced, badly, anyway. Do you have any non-projector headlight assembly recommendations?

@ChevyDave: I'm looking for something with a dark background. My tahoe is black and I've never been a fan of the clear/shiny look to some euro style headlights. The ones I linked, I like that color, but I really like the LED park lights on the ones you linked. I saw some other options from that seller, that I really like, though. I may have to do corners and park lights separate from the head lights and just build a set that I like. That orange would look pretty slick, I think. Thank you for the link, I'll definitely look into those more.

My MAJOR concern, with aftermarket headlight assemblies, is I've seen so many stories about them not being properly sealed. Is there a way to effectively, and permanently seal them myself without screwing anything up?

Thanks guys!

Last edited: