Aftermarket bumper advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

broken812

Reaction score
Hi all. Im new to the forum. Awesome site BTW. I need to replace the chrome rear bumper on my 1990 silverado stepside. Theres lots of them on EBAY but im afraid that the chrome wont hold up. I offroad at the beach so salt is a concern. Can anyone recommend my best bet. I cant find any used from my local junkyards either. Thanks,Paul.

BHBurban

GMT 1600
Reaction score
OEM would be your best bet if they are still availible (and pricey). In any event, whatever you end up with, I would undercoat the backside.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
maybe lmc premium chrome bumpers? I think they have a bigger warranty then the others. Good idea and point on undercoating the back of them. I've had 2 or 3 factory bumpers rot in the rear.

broken812

Reaction score
I havent had any luck with a decent used bumper yet. The trucks been garaged and just hit 40,000 this year so i want to get a nice one for it.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I paint the back side of all mine as well, and they don't even use salt on the roads here, and they still rust in no time.

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
home made?

attachment.php