Acquiring my 1992 K1500 Burb and pics..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GregB

Reaction score
Hi.. I signed onto this site a few years ago but haven't been very active. I have a 1999 Chevy Tahoe 4 x 2 with the Z56 Police which I've had since 2008. I thought I'd share some pics of my 1992 K1500 GMC Burb SLE I bought last fall after waiting 2 years to get it. I found out about the Burb talking with my brother that lives in Calgary, 400 miles from me. It was parked in a garage and owned by a widowed lady in her 80's. They bought the Burb new and used it to drive their summer cottage 3/400 miles away. When her husband passed away in 2014 she didn't want to let the Burb go as she liked to look at it sitting in the garage. In the summer of 2017 she was thinking of letting it go and I actually went to Calgary to visit my brother and tried to arrange it so I coud have a look at the Burb. When I got there the lady had said she wasn't ready yet. Fast forward a few months to late October 2017 and brother calls and says she isready so make an offer. I did and it was accepted. I had it shipped home and parked it out back until the end of February when i sold my 1993 C1500 Burb.. My 1992 has only 156,000 kms or 96,000 miles. It has prety much alll the creature comforts and is clean and rust free. Its a 5 seater which works for me and has front and rear heat and A/C. Has the Cold Climate Package (RPO V10 does anyone what is included in this package and the engine block heater has a seperate RPO Code K05 ) and the NZZ Off Road Package and Fuel Tank Skid Pate NY1 and I do find it strange that it doesnt have atrailer tow package or hitch and has a 3:42 final drive ratio with 225/75R16 tires so at 60 MPH the engine is turning at 18/1900 RPM's. I want to personalize it some but not sure which way to go yet. The rear end is noisy, which surprises me because of the low mileage and the fact its nver pulled anything, and it sounds like the pinion bearing which I had to change i my 1994 K1500 Burb. I will be installing an Eaton Tru-Trac when the pinion bearing changed.

You must be registered for see images attach