Aaaand I bought another one

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
I've also come up with a name for this truck, Frank. Short for Frankenstein. Considering this frame is most likely 2 different trucks, and the cab, doors, bed, hood, and fenders are all from different trucks along with misc. interior parts also, seems fitting.
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

I woulda gone with Johnny Cash seeing as how it's a black truck made up of parts from varying trucks;
But Frankenstein is hella good too. Got to admit, something about this one little RCSB makes me wish it was I had it to thrash around in.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
I have a soft spot for 1500 RCSBs, well that's pretty obvious considering I own 4 of them at the moment. My next truck however will be a 2500 or 3500 RCLB though, will be more practical since I tow and carry stuff quite often.

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
Have you checked the obvious? Flexplate bolt's? And, Flexplates have been known to bust off around the center.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
I think its definitely a pump issue, whether it being the pump itself or restricted flow. When it makes the noise, it starts slipping, and the last time all gears turned to neutral until I let it sit for a minute, I don't think a loose flexplate would cause that. I have a video of the noise I will upload later. I didn't do anything to it today, figured i'd focus on getting the gas tank swapped on the new one.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
Well i'm afraid I can't help much, I've never heard a pump make any noise. They just work until they don't for me lol.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
I recently had a car at work make a very similar noise right after I installed a used trans, it started as a quiet tick, then became quite a knock after a mile, then completely stopped and was quiet, but when it stopped the trans stopped working too. I just think its weird that it doesn't do it all the time, so optimistically I hope that the $10 filter kit and cooler flush takes care of it. I didn't get to it tonight, but I made progress on the other truck I just bought.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
fluid looks pretty new, and while acting up it seems to be overfull, as if you were checking the level with it not running. Honestly I have no idea what it has , cable or vss, didn't look since it doesn't work.