A little rant

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97ttpuller

Reaction score
This really ****** me off, it happened again today. On a trail outside Parker another 6" lifted truck with stupid big 35"+ tires flipped on its side. I wish I had pics but did not have phone with me. This is now the 3rd stupid lift truck that has flipped on the moderate off camber hill this year. It is a popular area and because of the wrecks BLM is closing that road. I know this for a fact because BLM workers where putting up barricades and said that the closer was going to be permanent.

I'm here to tell you guys those big lifts and tires are useless off road. I witness one of the dummies that flipped his lifted junker and it was hilarious!!!! He was trying to creep by this hill and the truck just "Fell Over" almost in slow motion. What is really sad about this is now the only legal access road to some very productive hunting area is now closed.

What I want to rant about is the fact that ANY stock height vehicle can fly by this area and not even loose traction. I've been over that berm at least 20 times with my stock height 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee and have never even spun the tires. the first couple times I took that berm I just idled around it, now I can take it at 20mph no problem. Lifting a truck anymore than 2" over factory height is useless in terms of gaining anything off road.

If you want to waste money that bad lifting a truck 6+" please just give the money to me. I'll use it to rent a dozer and smooth out that berm enough for BLM to re-open the road. Just a rant and my opinion, I hate those stupid high trucks, they are unsafe, look ridiculous, are totally useless off road, totally useless for towing, totally useless for anyone but the Green Giant for hauling anything in the bed. I'm sorry but if you are so poorly equipped as a man, you need a truck like that the attract a woman or prove your manly hood perhaps you should spend that money on counseling and plastic surgery.

kamokevin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Reaction score
Sucks about losing a trail, but don't blame the equipment, blame the operator. Lifts and bigger tires have their place off road, but not everyone knows how to properly utilize it.

poncho62

Old Fart
Reaction score
Most of the time that these lifted trucks have more problems than a stocker, is that the owner leaves the same street gears in it....With the proper gearing, they work well

GMC Burbalade

Busy slacking
Reaction score
Not every modification is beneficial in every situation. Off road capability is not linear. Different setups excel in different areas. To say that lifts and larger tires are "useless" is simply moronic.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Not every modification is beneficial in every situation. Off road capability is not linear. Different setups excel in different areas. To say that lifts and larger tires are "useless" is simply moronic.

I've seen cars not fit through alleys that a motorcycle could easily fit through. Everyone should drive motorcyles and cars are stupid!

Just trying OP's logic out.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I've seen cars not fit through alleys that a motorcycle could easily fit through. Everyone should drive motorcyles and cars are stupid!

Just trying OP's logic out.

Not the same thing. You're describing two different types of vehicles. He's describing the same type of vehicle in factory and modified form.

I don't really off road, other than trials on the family property. There are times when I could use some larger tires and a litte more ground clearance, but I wouldn't want to go crazy with it, like some guys seem to. After a couple of inches, I think I'd rather have an altered wheelbase/overhangs, and skid plates.

GMC Burbalade

Busy slacking
Reaction score
Not the same thing. You're describing two different types of vehicles. He's describing the same type of vehicle in factory and modified form.

I don't really off road, other than trials on the family property. There are times when I could use some larger tires and a litte more ground clearance, but I wouldn't want to go crazy with it, like some guys seem to. After a couple of inches, I think I'd rather have an altered wheelbase/overhangs, and skid plates.
How is it not the same thing? A prerunner and mud truck are just as much meant for different terrain as the average lifted DD and a motorcycle, if not more so. They're built for different purposes. Just because there's an area where one doesn't perform as well as the other, doesn't mean it doesn't have it's own advantages. There's pros and cons to every setup.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score

It is the same thing exactly in fact