A little rant

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
How is it not the same thing? A prerunner and mud truck are just as much meant for different terrain as the average lifted DD and a motorcycle, if not more so. They're built for different purposes. Just because there's an area where one doesn't perform as well as the other, doesn't mean it doesn't have it's own advantages. There's pros and cons to every setup.

A pre-runner and mud truck are still basically the same. They're modified forms of the same vehicle. A motorcycle is completely different to start with.

I think what the OP is seeing is lifted daily drivers, that are lifted beyond what's usable for offroading, not real trail rigs.

GMC Burbalade

Busy slacking
Reaction score
......both trucks, not a truck and a motorcycle.
Way to miss the point entirely. Being based on the same vehicle does imply the same intended usage or capability. The motorcycle has pros and cons, as does a trail truck, or a mud truck, F1 car, or top fuel dragster. EVERY configuration has cons. Having cons does not make something useless. A funny car isn't useless just because an F1 car will corner better, as the F1 car isn't useless just because the funny car is faster in the 1/4 mile. A lifted truck isn't useless just because a stock truck has a lower COG, and a stock 2wd isn't useless just because it won't make through a five foot deep mud hole.

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
ahh dang it, my trucks useless and a big lifted junker pile on 35's and 9" of lift. Watch out I might roll over in a pot hole. It is ruined forever!!!! Well I can tell you that would will never find a stock height truck up where this photo was taken.....

You must be registered for see images attach

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
ahh dang it, my trucks useless and a big lifted junker pile on 35's and 9" of lift. Watch out I might roll over in a pot hole. It is ruined forever!!!! Well I can tell you that would will never find a stock height truck up where this photo was taken.....

You must be registered for see images attach

But my trucks can go around corners faster!
They're REALLY useless, though. I ruined them both. Just wrecked 'em. One after the other. On purpose.
I l-o-w-e-r-e-d them.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Ouch!
Stock is generic to somewhat adequately cover most possible uses & to satisfy the masses.
Modded is 'one-off' to satisfy the needs of the owner, & the specific intended use of the vehicle.
But, for every gain in one area, there is a loss in another.

Either way, it's all about compromise.

My trucks are not junk.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Ouch!
Stock is generic to somewhat adequately cover most possible uses & to satisfy the masses.
Modded is 'one-off' to satisfy the needs of the owner, & the specific intended use of the vehicle.
But, for every gain in one area, there is a loss in another.

Either way, it's all about compromise.

My trucks are not junk.
I was kidding you know I don't have any stock vehicles haha