A few questions and hoping for some opinions and suggustions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tfr1990

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
Trying to finish of the engine build on my 1990 rcsb. 350, .030" over, forged flat tops, roller cam, ported L98 heads, long tube headers with true duals, and Edelbrock MPFI. This has been a refresh and correction rebuild of how the truck was when I bought it from the previous owner. He beat on this thing pretty bad.
I was wondering if anyone here has had any experience with these older MPFI units and if any one has any suggestions or opinions on tuning vs just getting a chip burned for it and go from there. I read a lot on different sites about different pcm options or just buying the equipment and doing it myself. This would be a high tech build for me since it is my first efi anything build. Showing my age a little I guess but I am always up for learning new things.

I also had one question on something that happened with the power steering on this job. Cleaned the pulley and pump shaft with a bore brush and a little emory cloth. Lubed it up and went to put the pulley on the shaft and the pulley slipped on by hand! Never had this happen before. Just wanted to see if anyone has had this happen or heard of it and what was done to correct the problem.

Thanks!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ben1975