A-A-L's or Blocks for my truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lkfldredneck

HILLBILLY DELUXE!!!
Reaction score
Nah, theyre about 5 years old. when my sad got the truck he loaded an engine in it and the one leaf broke near the shackle mount, gladly it wasnt going down the road. so he replaced both incase the other one was the same

1997k1500Calvin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok im new to the k1500 world.. i owned a c1500 for the past 4 years what is aal...and is t a simple way yo jack up our truck a little?

kamokevin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Reaction score
Ok im new to the k1500 world.. i owned a c1500 for the past 4 years what is aal...and is t a simple way yo jack up our truck a little?

AAL stands for add-a-leaf. It's as simple as adding one extra leaf per side on the rear leaf spring packs. You can raise the front pretty easily by turning the bolts on your torsion bar keys, however this will change your front suspension and steering geometry and can cause quicker wear of front end parts. Also, if you crank the bars more than an inch or so, it would be a good idea to get a realignment.

Raising the rear can be done with AALs or blocks, neither of which are very expensive.

1997k1500Calvin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for that kamokevin... i recently purchased a 1997 k1500 3 door.. ive done some simple mods ,mainly maintainence.. im fixen to add a bullbar on my truck and some flares..this forum has helped alot...the only thing i need help with is finding the mointing brackets for my bullbar..it was a gift and didmt have the brackets..any help would be apprecaited