99 Suburban LT K1500 - Slow build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
Very cool! I plan on running tbi headers on my Vortex with an egr and rear O2 delete. I have HPTuners so I can program the pcm.

I like Flow tech combo you chose because it is basically bolt on with a little welding. Other bolt on systems are much more expensive. Affordable ones require customizing y pipes.

I can't wait to hear your vid!

Yeah, and as you can see, my welding skills are horrible. It's the cheapest, best performing, full exhaust system you can do bar none for the cost and effort.

GMRedline

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Very nice and props for doing it the right way. Most guys would have cut off the stock muffler and called it a day.

Parentnoia

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Very nice and props for doing it the right way. Most guys would have cut off the stock muffler and called it a day.
Well I dunno about "the right way." Those are some pretty ugly booger welds. j/k j/k Yeah, it's nice to know someone's willing to do they're own exhaust work. I had to do a favor for my uncle's shop one day and drive a customer's truck to the exhaust shop downtown. Sat there for half an hour while they did all the work and after it was done, absolutely no change in power. Slightly less stock sounding, but nothing to brag about at all.

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
Thanks, appreciate it guys. I like to try and tackle anything doable on my own, especially if having it done for you is ludicrous in price because they are the only shop in town.

And yes, those welds are hideous. I'll weld it outside of the truck next time, and slide it all in. That was done on my back, on a slider, with very little wiggle room (truck was on its wheels, on the ground). First time really welding too, so I have some learnin' to do.

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
Don't know how accurate Torque pro really is, but it puts my truck at 151hp/213ft-lb at the wheels. I'd say if it remotely accurate, my engine is tired as hell :dunno:

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It's not accurate worth a damn. That is really low, though. I get higher readings than that from my V6 truck.

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
Yeah I am going to have it dyno'd to be sure, but I am considering a crate motor now. 0-60 was 12.2s, which is much slower than stock oem reported numbers.

May end up putting the lift on hold again, and doing a tranny rebuild and new motor.