99 Suburban LT K1500 - Slow build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
Just picked these up for $200. Guess what's coming in January??? :)

You must be registered for see images attach

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
So I had a tensioner pulley fail, ran for a week with me thinking it was the A/C Compressor failing (which it was too), and then the compressor seized. Somehow my old belt didn't give, although it did have a rib removed and fray like hell, and still ran down in phoenix, az.

When I went to install my A/C bypass pulley, this is what I found:

I didn't get any more pics than that, unfortunately. But here is the doorman a/c bypass pulley installed, as you can see, there throttle body bracket isn't installed as it would have required me to remove a good potion of the A/C bypass pulley bracket, which I didn't feel like I wanted to do. I just wire-tied the the cables to the engine oil fill neck.

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
Oh the horror (oh well, I use my pig as it's meant to be used)!!!

Got these last weekend, when I went out to start getting wood for the winter. Some will buff out, but the large one above the body line, and the 3 within the body line, are through the clear coat right down into the paint. You can feel the edges with your finger, don't even need to do the finger nail test.

Winter just hit (it's a month late this year), so I don't expect her to be lookin' any prettier for awhile.

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My Suburban has alot of scratches and all, but not as bad as that. I plan to do Rhino line the whole truck, that will make it alot more durable than it is.

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
Going under the knife soon! Having a local company install an RCX 6" kit, alignment, and mount and balance of the 35s for $1900.

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
Thanks Stepside_fever95!

So plans changed temporarily, we have had some family tragedies which are putting things on hold. I'll be getting the lift this fall, along with LED tails and tow mirrors.
But I cleaned her up, since its finally warming up here. I also added weather tech inline window visors, and floor liners.

Also got new headlights (again), was having issues with the HIDs and the lenses filling with water even after silicone. I'm now running HIR1's in both the lows and highs.

I'll be removing the trim soon, and I have some bed armor for the frame. New shocks, a full exhaust, and tune is on it's way.

Here's some pics from yesterday after a nice cleaning: