99 Suburban LT K1500 - Slow build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMRedline

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't know where I saw it, here or on FB. But there is a guy/company who claimed they do Cummins swaps for $6k. I don't remember exactly what that all included but I'll dig around and see if I can find it. Other challenges would include getting your vehicle to that exact shop.

I'll dig around and see if I can find it.

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
My current ones, eBay. I'd recommend them - they are cheap as he'll, but they seal well and give off a good light pattern. Otherwise chinsy.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
So, I'm strongly considering selling it. Been looking at diesels last few days... But there is still hope.

If I do keep her, I've got to get the rear suspension (quality/comfort) addressed. The front is pretty good now, after the lift, but the back is just brutal. Every little imperfection in the road feels like I'm driving over a damn curb.

Only thing I can do is add new body bushings and replace the leaf spring bushings - or is there something else I can do: suggestions?

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
What do you have in the rear? Blocks and aal?

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Just a block atm. I have 4" drop hangars from ORD to install if I do keep it, and ever get around to dropping the tank.

Should ride like stock if just a block and correct shocks. You mean a shackle flip?

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
Yeah, shackle flip.

If this is stock, I don't see how it was ever considered a comfortable family hauler lol. It's rough - jarring, neck breaking, rough.

Shocks are what came with the kit, superlift superride bilsteins. The rear rode the same way prior to the lift.

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
Don't sell it man. You know everything that's wrong with this rig. For $6500 worth of used diesel pickup, you are stepping into a potential wallet drainer far worse than what you have on your hands already. Build a 350, take the $ you didn't spend on the stroker and fix some of the other things that will make the truck suck less.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't sell it man. You know everything that's wrong with this rig. For $6500 worth of used diesel pickup, you are stepping into a potential wallet drainer far worse than what you have on your hands already. Build a 350, take the $ you didn't spend on the stroker and fix some of the other things that will make the truck suck less.
I agree, from what I've been seeing around my area 6500 would barely buy you a 90s diesel. Double that will barely get you into a 00s. An they all have over 200k at least...