'99 K1500 Suburban "Storm"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Been playing with this idea for a while, and im determined to do it, a 2016 bowtie in a 94-00 grille. Any suggestions on how to fill the small gaps would be appreciated!
You must be registered for see images attach

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Maybe cut down the area for the badge, and recess it into the cut out hole on the grille?
I like how you've gone through and put the updated badges on the truck, I think the color lets the updated look fit better.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Maybe cut down the area for the badge, and recess it into the cut out hole on the grille?
I like how you've gone through and put the updated badges on the truck, I think the color lets the updated look fit better.
Well, the "wings" are not perfectly horizontal, they angle upwards a little bit. And i separated the old bowtie and used the back piece as the base for this one so it kinda sits on the grill. So cutting the grille or bowtie isnt an option, since it would mess up the chrome on either.

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
That's a cool idea. I've been updating the badges on mine, but a late model GMC grille is ALOT bigger than mine.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Whats the smallest spacer size i can go without trimming the studs? I love my stock wheels, but want a little stance to it. Just enough to stick out past the body.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Get 2" spacers. They'd give you just about the look you're wanting.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Get 2" spacers. They'd give you just about the look you're wanting.
I was thinking of 1.5" spacers. Ik they wear out balljoints and wheel bearings, but if properly torqued and only on a 32" tire, how badly will it affect it?