98 vs 99

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So, not all prerunners are 2wd, but there is no long-travel for a 4x4 GMT400... and... prerunners need long-travel.

You see where I'm going here?

Exactly! Most competition raced prerunners are 2wd. They do this because you don't have the extra weight of the front diff, transfer case, offset axles etc. there is a reason most trophy trucks and prerunners are 2wd. 2wd flat out works for their applications because they are running high horsepower engines to get them through whatever they are faced with. There is a big difference between pre running and trail riding. Trail riding is when you need 4wd because your going through mud holes. Pre running usually doesn't Involve huge mud holes do the need for 4wd is not thereb

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
For the record, most pre-runners, pre-run the race, they don't race it. (That's their original intention, don't jump on me saying there are tons of pre-runner races, because I know.) Second thing, a lot of pre-runners now-a-days are 4WD, which is all he was saying. You guys are arguing about pointless crap.

As far as a 4WD long travel kit for a 400, Mazulla used to make one. I don't know if it's in production anymore or not, If it isn't though, I'm sure if you got ahold of Chris, he'd throw one together for you. He's a huge GMT400 fan.

jomama

Reaction score
Rodger that, thanks for the info.
This is my first build and I can see its kinda like building AR 15 platforms. Lots of bolt on stuff and a bit of custom fab will be fun nonetheless