98 RCSB Old School Retro.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Been hanging around a couple weeks getting the feel of the site and thought it time to share how I got my truck and how I got it to where it is now.
I have owned more cars and a couple trucks than I can remember in the 46 years I have been driving. but mostly cars and only one new one that I bought in 1970. I got into the auto body business in 1974 and have been fixing up what others were getting rid of since. In 2007 I was givin a 92 S-10 that had hit everything but the lottery but only had 46,000 miles. I painted it and drove if for 5 years till the body mounts and rockers started getting bad. I had collected some parts to repair it but I really didn't like the truck as it was just a two person truck and so small. Then the alt. seized one day and I thought do I really want to replace that then do a couple thousand bucks worth of work to a truck that would never be worth more than 1500.00. So I sold it to a kid down the street for 300.00 bucks. I went to Craigs List and started my search not sure what I was looking for. I saw an add for a 98 chevy truck white no rust $2300.00. No other info givin and no pics. I finally talked with the owner and drove a few towns over to have a look. When I came up the street I saw it was a shorty nice surprise. I went for a test drive and knew it was coming home withing a 100 yards of getting on the road.

You must be registered for see images attach

These pics were as I first saw it still in PO yard.

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The truck is a 4.3 auto with A/C with a posi rear end. Rubber floor mats crank windows no power anything , just what I wanted. Now $2300.00 was a good price for a rust free Arizona truck in N.E. but it was still a lot more than I have spent for a vehicle in a long time.
First thing was to clean up the grille that the PO had spray painted a couple times without sanding at all. I spent a whole day wet sanding with 220 then 400 grit to strip the grille. Then a coat of epoxy sealer and some bright Mercedes Silver left over from a job.

I blacked out the Bow Tie and installed a bow tie from a 30's Chevy that I had put on my S-10

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Nice find!

I like that description of your old s10 "Hit everything but the lottery" lol

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for the likes guys. Here is the S-10 after ironing out the wrinkles. It originally had the silver band down the sides but I liked the all black better. I did do a pearl blue stripe in the half in. wide body crease that only showed in sunlight or at night when lit up.

Lot's of hrs. into stripping the clear and sanding and polishing those wheels.

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I do a lot of boating and like to go out at night sometimes so I like to have aux. lights for launching and retrieving in the dark. My S-10 had a bumper with lights built in I got from LMC. I decided to do my own with this truck as it had a painted bumper anyway. I drilled two holes with a hole saw and welded some sections of exhaust tubing as a filler to mount a pair of tractor lights

I mounted a relay on the firewall and installed a switch above the cargo lamp switch on the dash. Then it was sand blast and paint time.