98 k1500 new owner, couple issues i need some advice on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kylebowl817

Reaction score
I just got my truck last weekend, left tail light wont work. I replaced the circuit board (seller told me it needed) and it worked for brake light and turn signal, but when headlights are on neither tail light is on. Bulbs are fine. Not sure where to start on this one. Also, i have another probably un related issue, the wiper blades are parked about halfway thru their stroke. Worked a few times, and now, wont work at all. Can anyone point me in a direction to get this stuff working again?

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Work your way back with a test light and don’t be afraid of using the search on this site. Check grounds back there too. For example:
You’d be surprised how much information is on this site. Oh, and congrats on new truck!

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I endorse the above advise about checking grounds. That is the number 1 source of flaky electrical issues on these trucks. Re the wiper issue take a look at the directions on here for re-flowing the solder connection on the wiper motor control board. The connection gets loose and a minute with a soldering iron can cure the parking issue more often than not. Likely the refusal to work is related to the same problem .Good luck and please bookmark the thread and report back what the issue turns out to be.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Re the wiper issue take a look at the directions on here for re-flowing the solder connection on the wiper motor control board.

^^^ this, it's a common problem which I once had.

I also recently had very odd wiper behavior during "intermittent wipe" operation which was evidently related to the turn signal switch (namely, the resistance within that switch that's adjusted by "twisting the knob", as that resistance controls the cycle time of the intermittent wipe); when I replaced the switch assembly, the problem disappeared.

Last edited:

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can find your Repair Manual here too.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Since you got brake / turn , your focus would be headlight switch circuit related. If the tailight ground was bad you would no brake, turn also. No license plate light with headlights on? ( providing the bulbs are good).