'98 Chevy Door Chime Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Thanks for the useful information guys! So it is located next to fuse panel under dash on driver's side of any GM vehicle? If so, how do I go about removing the dashes? Like let's say, the Oldsmobiles, Camaro, or the 90's Pontiac Grand Prix? I love the Grand Prix's bong the most, saw a guy that did it to his Blazer and loved that sound. I have been looking everywhere how to dissemble the dash to get to them, but I have had no luck. :( I really don't know how to get into cars, I found my door chime and it was a super easy pull. My trucks' buzzer was a higher pitched tone, whereas I prefer the 94 and older (not the scary buzzer), which was a tad deeper tone to it. I pulled one from my parts Suburban and like it better than it was before, for now anyways until I can get my hands on a Camaro or Grand Prix chime.

And if you guys know from experiences, which vehicle chime is the easiest to pull? I would not like to be at the yard for too long/hours. ;)

I did watch a video of a 1999 and 2000 Cadillac Escalade and GMC Yukon Denali. Now, why did those trucks/SUV's get the bonging... :confused: I bet because they were "fancy" so they needed a bong chime, wish the trucks got them, now that's the sound I am hot after. Pretty easy to find, since they are probably in the same spot, but I don't see many of those around, only the newer ones.

I am going to the junk yard tomorrow around 9am or 10am CT to look for one, so I kinda need to have some answers. Sorry if that came out wrong, just don't want to make anymore trips than I have to.

Here is that video I am talking about:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

How would I remove a 96 Grand Prix chime? That's the one I love the most.

Last edited:

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Ok, I did find it was located in the middle of the dash to the left of the ash tray. Good deal, I will have to bring a lot of tools to make sure I am able to tear apart some of the dash and get to it.

I will be sure to let you guys know if it went well or not. :)

BlackLion

Reaction score
Any info available for an 88 GMC suburban? will an 88 car chime swap work? or does someone have pinouts for the modules?

Blacklion