97 chevy factory cat. replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

meterman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
okay guys need some help need to replace my cats having a moment here its a 97 c3500 2wd 4 door single rear wheel long bed 8 ft bed it has 2 cats what would be a good solution for this it is super charged was looking at magna flow , but would like to hear from ya"ll .
thanks
mac

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you looking for a high flow unit? Or do you want a factory style replacement? I ask because magnaflow makes both. There are cheaper options either way you go, but magnaflow makes good products, so you can't go wrong if you choose them.

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Every high flow I've seen, with the exception of those for newer performance cars, are weld-in units. I would check RockAuto, and get the Y-pipe assembly with cats. Most include new gaskets, and are a bolt in affair. Eastern and Walker are decent brands.

meterman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
looking at magna flow replacement shop want 600.00 to do high flow weld in can get magna flow replace for around 350.00