'97 C2500 3/4ton - Low Beam

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bryon F

Reaction score
Finally decided to buy some sylvania xtravision H6054's only to find my driver side low beam isn't working. High beam works. What should I look at? I have limited knowledge of vehicles but have common sense :)

IADC43

Reaction score
It could be the connection. They are famous for getting too hot and corroding the contacts.

Does the wire have power with the lights on? You'll have to use a tester to know.
While you Are working on it, now is a perfect time to change your wiring to a relay to the lights. The factory wiring is lacking and a relay upgrade helps immensely to improve things.

Many of us also do the 4 high upgrade that makes all four headlights light up on highbeam. It is just a simple relay setup too.

Bryon F

Reaction score
IADC43, thanks! Inside of the 3 prong connector was some corrosion. Little burst of Brake Parts Cleaner and a little brushing with a soft bristle brush worked.

As for the Non W/T front end style, I was going to swap over but the truck has pretty high mileage anyway and easy jobs are becoming difficult (such as front shocks; broke off the bolt heads and the nuts on the top were welded onto the LCA.) Took me 4 days to "ez out" them.