96twodoor's 96 2dr build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96twodoor

Dark side of the moon
Reaction score
Wish I could say , brakes are installed ,I bench bleed the master cylinder but the pedal just bottoms out when I press it while its running .

Sent from my ADR6300

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah sound's like a big bunch of air trapped in the lines, or your wheel cylinder's are leaking just a little in the rear, I just recently had this probel on my 96, I worked and worked on the brakes, bled them for hour's, and I finally found that my wheel cylinder's were leaking just a little, not enough to run out of the drum but enough to not let the braked build up any pressure, it was strange to say the least.

96twodoor

Dark side of the moon
Reaction score
Yeah sound's like a big bunch of air trapped in the lines, or your wheel cylinder's are leaking just a little in the rear, I just recently had this probel on my 96, I worked and worked on the brakes, bled them for hour's, and I finally found that my wheel cylinder's were leaking just a little, not enough to run out of the drum but enough to not let the braked build up any pressure, it was strange to say the least.

Hmm that is strange , I'm taking to the local Nissan dealership tomorrow ( my buddy is the parts guy there) and they are goin to hook it up to a power bleeder thing.....hope it works!!

Sent from my ADR6300

96twodoor

Dark side of the moon
Reaction score
Couple updates ,First the dooley lives!!! After several bleeding sessions the brakes are finally where they supposed to be . finally found some good doors with normal sized mirrors and the suburban style rear bumper at the junkyard for my truck . Got my passanger door totally installed today minus the door panel I need to dye. I also need to find the bumper brackets to mount it . As of right now the hoe is still here and kickin and it might stay that way judging by the offers I'm getting .
You must be registered for see images

Before pic of mirrors for comparison, they left huge holes and I kept hitting stuff with them and denting the doors

Also just FYI , I will be painting the doors and hood to match as soon as the driver door is installed . I might try tackling shaving the drip rails too as I have have a couple days off this week .
Sent from my ADR6300

Last edited:

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cool glad to hear the dolay is good. You can mount that bumper using the burb outer brackets. All the outers are the same just the inner brackets are different for trucks...

96twodoor

Dark side of the moon
Reaction score
Cool glad to hear the dolay is good. You can mount that bumper using the burb outer brackets. All the outers are the same just the inner brackets are different for trucks...

Thanks , I thought the outer brackets were the same but I wasn't sure so I left them . LMC wants $130 for brackets and bolts :eek:

Sent from my ADR6300