96 rcsb Lq4 4l80 swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike96c1500

Reaction score
Yes it just runs the engine and don't have all the unnecessary wires. Gauges are ran from that harness. I think on the newer trucks only the fuel gauge runs through the pcm but there is ways around that. Also ac is easy to run without the old com also.
What’s the easy way to run the A/C without the pcm? So the trans would still go through the old computer? I was looking at the fitech system for about $1900 and it seems to run the trans. But it only seems to come in black. If it was polished I might be sold.

93crewcab

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What’s the easy way to run the A/C without the pcm? So the trans would still go through the old computer? I was looking at the fitech system for about $1900 and it seems to run the trans. But it only seems to come in black. If it was polished I might be sold.
No the stand alome harness uses the pcm from the new engine and runs the transmission and engine. You will need to send the ecu out to get tuned. All you have to do is find the ac wire for the clutch and use it. No need for it to go to the pcm.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, the 411 does everything. That's why they work so well even with the 350s and 454s. The only time you need multiple computers is with a GenIV drivetrain which is not the case here.