'96 build, slow but steady

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
Been busy working recently, my sister bought this 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix (got her converted to GM I think, haha):
You must be registered for see images attach

Needed some work, I'm the mechanic of the family by default, so I got these parts on in the pouring rain yesterday. Was pretty good actually, she was there fetching me wrenches and was interested in learning about the whole process of putting brakes and a wheel bearing in (not that there's much to learn, lol), but she saved me a lot of time where my workbench is a ways from the driveway.

Looks good next to the heavy chevy. It's rough looking with dents and surface rust, one door won't open and the power windows are frigged up etc, but it's super clean on the underside

Anyhow I'll be getting back to the truck very soon, thinking about painting the whole thing black, painting the mirrors this weekend if I can find the time (working on my friend's Dodge 4x4 again, I hate working on that truck lol)

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
Been awhile since I've posted anything about my truck. Did a couple minor things to her recently but I haven't had the time, been working 7 days a week at 2 jobs. Yesterday when driving to work at job number 2 (about half an hour away), the motor took to knocking bad, completely out of the blue. Like a really nasty deep bottom end knock. The whole truck vibrates something awful at idle, and it makes some really unpleasant noises going down the road. Not a nice drive home lol.

So, 96 k1500 = parked in front yard, to make way for the new truck: 96 k2500, eclb, 5.7/auto, 4.11 gears.

Now I'm contemplating building a mud truck out of the half ton, but I'll have to find a motor for it first. Updates soon.