95obschevy Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slim

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Will the valance clear the tow hooks b/c of the body lift? If not I'd just cut notches in the bottom of it just big enough to clear them. Even though the aren't the strongest hooks, they are VERY handy when needed.

95obschevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Will the valance clear the tow hooks b/c of the body lift? If not I'd just cut notches in the bottom of it just big enough to clear them. Even though the aren't the strongest hooks, they are VERY handy when needed.

Im pretty sure they will because I did a tow hook flip. The 2wd valence came with the smoothie but I think going with a 4x4 style might be a better idea. Never know when you might need the hooks

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
i'd never use those hooks again, mine ripped off and went flying into the tailgate of a 77 ford, i've seen them straighten out too, they are just junk

95obschevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i'd never use those hooks again, mine ripped off and went flying into the tailgate of a 77 ford, i've seen them straighten out too, they are just junk

Hmm arent they better than nothing? Ive only used them once before and they worked okay but I do see your point about them being wimpy. Could always bolt the no hole style up and if i ever need them just bolt them up then?

Rewind

STEPSIDES ROCK!!!!
Reaction score
Since you've got the valence, put it on and see how you like it, if you don't, just take it off!!