95 to 88-89 headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
Both grills I have done it too were OEM, same with my buddies '98, the grill did work without cutting just fit funny, it hit the plastic bracket fir the headlights, drivers side only if I remember.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Cadon69

GMT400 "Like a Rock"
Reaction score
Funny how things change. Seems like just yesterday people would laugh at you for wanting the quads, and people with them factory would be asking how to update to composites. :)

Richard

Hmm that is funny. I dont think I really have them a good look before to notice they were different. Once I did though I likes them a whole lot more L0L! They just look better IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
My grille already fits horrible so well see how this goes

sent from my outdated S3

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
i loved my quads, i just couldnt run HID so i thought so i bought new composites, plus the composites fit the look of the truck now otherwise i wouldve swapped personally.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
i know i was just saying, 83 did it, low did it, ken did it, i was just shooting out more examples.
The wording sounded different in my head. :lol:

Hoarder!!! :biggun:

:joke: I don't blame you man. The holy grail of sealed beams.
Buuuuut they aren't sealed beams. They are H4....

Funny how things change. Seems like just yesterday people would laugh at you for wanting the quads, and people with them factory would be asking how to update to composites. :)

Richard
No joke. I have always loved the quad lights on my 88. Mostly because they are so uncommon.

Both grills I have done it too were OEM, same with my buddies '98, the grill did work without cutting just fit funny, it hit the plastic bracket fir the headlights, drivers side only if I remember.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
That just doesn't sound like it would be possible. I'm going to have to try it this weekend, and hopefully not be eating humble pie after!

i loved my quads, i just couldn't run HID so i thought so i bought new composites, plus the composites fit the look of the truck now otherwise i wouldve swapped personally.
Well with the LMC lights or with Bosch lights (if you lucky enough to find them) you can run HIDs. I decided against using my other set of bosch lights and 88-89 adjusters in my 98 Dually because the composites look better with the rest of my lighting upgrades on the truck. But, at the same time, the composite headlights still have a pretty marginal HID light output compared to the bosch lights sooooo I might swap them around.

Last edited:

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Just put 88 lights in my 95 and vice versa only cutting i had to do was to put the composite headlights in the 88 i had to cut for the adjusters no cutting for the 88 to 95

sent from my outdated S3

Cadon69

GMT400 "Like a Rock"
Reaction score
Just put 88 lights in my 95 and vice versa only cutting i had to do was to put the composite headlights in the 88 i had to cut for the adjusters no cutting for the 88 to 95

sent from my outdated S3

Awesome, I picked up the lights this morning from the boneyard since today started 50% off all parts weekend. They were just sitting there in the lot waiting for me L0L!

I can't wait to get then home and cleaned up and order the lmc replacements.

Any pics or write up would be greatly appreciated. Especially pics L0L!

Edit* I just saw the pics in your build thread. Hot Damn they look awesome!!!!! More pics please L0L!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro